- You knew this: if the user is doing a search using your keyword, your ad can show up
- You may not know: if the user is reading web content that contains your keyword, your ad can show up
- So, when someone is researching topics related to you, anywhere on the internet, your ad is there through the use of digital targeting.
- Advertising platforms like Google Ads and Bing Ads both use keyword targeting.
- Similar to keyword targeting but based on PAST online behaviors
- Select and target from over 2000 behavioral categories
- Social platforms such as Facebook and Twitter are particularly good with behavioral targeting.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Your marketing objectives and timeline for achieving them
- Average sale values
And many more...
- Continue to advertise to those who have been to your website but didn’t “convert”
- Keep your product in front of them, build brand awareness, and drive them to action
- For many platforms, we track “view-throughs” – people who saw your ad, did NOT click, and then visited your website on their own
- Commonly retargeting takes the form of banner ads but can also appear in other forms.