In its simplest form, marketing is about attracting and engaging with your prospects with the goal of converting them to customers. However, if you spend all your time, effort, and capital focused on them, you will miss out on other key groups. And connecting with them is important to your overall success. As an experienced Fort Collins marketing agency, we remind our clients to make contacting these people a part of their marketing plan.
Be Sure You Connect with More than Just Prospects
As you are creating and promoting your compelling marketing content, don’t forget to share it with these groups:
- Customers. Yes, they already know who you are and what you do. However, you never want to take them for granted for a couple reasons. First, they most likely have a choice of providers. If you don’t show an ongoing desire to keep their business, they may take it elsewhere. Second, they have already indicated they like your product or service by becoming a customer. This makes them prime candidates for buying the new release or addition to your line. Don’t assume they’ve heard about it — be sure they do.
- Resellers. If you have people outside your sales team who sell your offerings, you want to ensure that they are aware of all new developments. So, let them know about the product releases you put out, marketing content you create, etc. They can’t do their job well if they are operating in the dark.
- Partners. Just like your resellers, your partners are best able to connect you with business opportunities if they are up to speed on everything that is happening at your company. Be sure they are getting your email communications.
- Potential resellers and partners. If you want to show potential resellers and partners that you are worth their time and effort, you need to keep them well informed about your offerings. They need to know why they would be wise to work with you.
- Media outlets, bloggers, etc. No, they probably won’t be buying your products or services, but if they speak favorably about them, some of their followers might. It’s easy to think that reporters and bloggers will hear about happenings at your company through the grapevine. However, they may not. So, it pays to spend a little time ensuring they get the information they would need to write about your offerings.
- Industry Associations. Once again, your outreach efforts here won’t likely result in an immediate sale. But keeping your company top of mind can help you get clients through recommendations.
- Your Fort Collins marketing agency. Even if some new development at your company doesn’t warrant engaging with your marketing firm, it’s still a good idea to keep them posted about it.
Seeing the Big Picture
As Fort Collins marketing experts for nearly 20 years, we understand that to be successful you have to take a comprehensive approach to your marketing efforts. Our full-service firm can help you with any aspect of your marketing plan from strategy to content creation to execution and analytics. Contact A-Train today to learn how we can help you reach your objectives.